What Emilie brings to the table
Emilie has an educational mix between political and educational science. This provides her with a variety of skills from both areas, with strategic and organizational perspectives as well as educational knowledge.
Through her Master Thesis she specialized in databased governance and how performance metrics and data visualizations can construct certain meanings of educational quality.
Combined, this gives her expertise in the analysis and strategic use of data and performance metrics in educational settings.
Earlier Emilie has worked with educational data on different levels e.g. local dropout data from high schools and largescale evaluative data on students in the transition from primary to secondary education (UPV).
At SDU Analytics Emilie contributes to analysis with both educational and research data and in producing data-based presentation materials for management use, both on top-level and faculty management. Starting 2022, she focuses on data concerning the application and admission processes. This area has an on-going need for data support, and therefore is under constant development and improvement.
In addition, Emilie has at seat at SDU’s Educational Board (UR), representing SDU Analytics and contributing to matters of data support.
Also, Emilie is SDU Analytics GDPR coordinator, and contributes to the necessary organizational settings concerning personal data and data ethics, such as policies, templates and guides, and the on-going work with recording processing activities, as much as helping colleges with GDPR matters.
Furthermore, Emilie oversees SDU’s participation to the international sustainability rankings, and is in charge of documenting the university’s sustainability efforts and submitting data to various kinds of international rankings.Primary work areas
- Educational and strategic data analysis, primarily on application and admission
- Educational and strategic data presentation
- GDPR coordinator
- International ranking & data about the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Cand. Soc. Udd. (Master in Educational Science)
- Ba. Scient. Pol (Bachelor in Political Science)
- R programming courses
- Various GDPR courses & seminars
- Data journalism courses
- Representing SDU Analytics at the Educational Board (UR)
- Presentations at the Executive Board
- Presentations at Study Coordination Group for Quality (SAK KVAL)
- Guest in Green Alsion’s podcast “Green Visions - Green Ideas” talking about Green Metric ranking and how SDU use ranking information
- Webinar – Start-up for YERUN Staff Days about international ranking of sustainability efforts & the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Official Shortlist-Stage Judge for the 2021 Reimagine Education Awards