Video: recording, uploading, removing, myMEDIA
How to record videos
There are several ways of recording video (lectures, presentations, introductions etc.) using the hardware and software you already have access to at SDU.
- This written guide will show you 'How to record video' using Kaltura Capture.
- This written guide wil show you 'How to record your slide show with narration in PowerPoint in Office 365'.
Guides to myMEDIA in Blackboard
myMEDIA is a repository in Blackboard where you can store the videos. You can then publish your videos to or embed them directly in your Blackboard courses.
- This written guide will show you 'How to upload a video to myMEDIA in Blackboard'
- This written guide will show you 'How to make your video available in Blackboard'
- This written guide will show you 'How to share a video in myMEDIA'
- This written guide will show you How to remove/delete videos from Blackboard.
- Guide to finding Kaltura videos - Added 19 March
Setting up your lecture, practice session or lesson in Blackboard
Making video lecture available
We recommend making your video lectures available via Blackboard’s discussion board. In that way, your
students will have the possibility to ask questions relating to your video lectures. You can also pose questions to your students to engage them in active learning.
- This written guide will show you 'How to make your video lecture available in Blackboard via the discussion board tool'.
- Setting up practice sessions
Setting up your online lessons
This guide shows how to set up your lesson in Blackboard, so that students get a good overview of the different activities you have planned for them. In this way, it will be easier for them to engage.
- This written guide will show you 'How to set up lessons for active teaching and learning in Blackboard'.
Blackboard tools for active teaching and learning
- Adding a blog activity
- Adding a discussion board activity
- Adding an assignment
- Adding a quiz/test
If you want to be able to see which students have viewed information or material you have uploaded to
Blackboard in order to take attendance, you can activate “Mark Reviewed”:
- This written guide will show you 'How to add Mark Reviewed to content to see who viewed it' in Blackboard.
Live, online teaching
- Live, online with Zoom - Updated 18 March
Live, online with Teams - Added 18 March
- This written guide will show you how to create Teams for your course and how students enroll in your Teams etc..
- This written guide will show you how to start and record a live (synchronous) online lecture in Teams and how to present a Powerpoint.